In the Courts
In the Spotlight
- 12.03.19Medical Groups, Legal Experts, People Who Had Abortions, and Advocates Join Fight Against Louisiana’s Anti-Abortion Law(PRESS RELEASE)—Yesterday, a coalition of leading voices in medicine, law, and public policy joined with abortion patients and advocates to submit 27&
- 12.02.19A collection of nearly 200 organizations and more than 700 individuals representing leading voices in medicine, law, and public policy, along with peo
- 11.25.19(PRESS RELEASE)—Today, the Center for Reproductive Rights filed its opening brief before the United States Supreme Court in June Medical Services v. G
- 11.25.19Case Summary Case Caption: June Medical Services L.L.C. et al. v. Dr. Rebekah Gee - U.S. Supreme Court Case No. 18-1323 / No. 18-1460. The Center rImportant Dates Date Description June 27, 2016 The Supreme Court strikes down Texas' admitting privileges law
- 11.19.19California District Court Joins other Federal Courts in Vacating the Trump Administration’s “Denial of Care” Rule in Full(PRESS RELEASE) Today, a California federal judge became the third judge in the U.S. to strike down the Trump Administration’s Denial of Care rule in
- 11.08.19(PRESS RELEASE) — Today, the Center for Reproductive Rights filed a lawsuit challenging two anti-abortion laws in Oklahoma, both of which ar
- 11.04.19(Press Release) — Today, the Oklahoma Supreme Court granted an emergency request to block the state’s ban on the standard method of abortion after app
- 10.30.19(PRESS RELEASE) – Today, the Center for Reproductive Rights, Americans United for Separation of Church and State, Lambda Legal, and the County of Sant
- 10.23.19(PRESS RELEASE)—Today, a state district court judge ruled from the bench and temporarily blocked an Oklahoma law forcing doctors to tell patients that
- 10.18.19CBS interviews the Center’s client in June Medical v. Gee about the devastating impact of the state’s abortion law. Read more at CBS News.
- 10.15.19T.J. Tu, the Center’s senior counsel for litigation, is interviewed by CBS about June Medical v. Gee and the impact of the law on Louisiana women.
- 10.15.19Center for Reproductive Rights Sues Department of Health and Human Services for Failing to Comply with Freedom of Information Act Requests(PRESS RELEASE) —Today, the Center for Reproductive Rightsfiled a complaint against the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for failing to p