Newly enacted six-week abortion ban blocked in response to lawsuit by the Center and partners.
More Women Join Lawsuit Against Texas After Being Denied Abortion Care to Treat Dangerous Pregnancy Complications
New plaintiffs faced serious threats to their health, fertility, and lives after being denied abortion care in their state.
While the high court decision strikes down two “vigilante-style” abortion bans, Oklahoma’s pre-Roe ban remains in effect.
A six-week abortion ban—nearly identical to one thrown out by the state supreme court earlier this year—was signed into law this morning, causing chaos and confusion for patients and providers.
Facing restrictive abortion and contraception laws and other quality of care barriers in Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia, many women feel they have no choice but to return to Ukraine to obtain care.
Read more featured stories.
Expert Analysis and Reports
- Map: World Abortion Laws
- Map: After Roe Fell: U.S. Abortion Laws by State
- No One Could Say: Accessing Emergency Obstetrics Information as a Prospective Prenatal Patient in Post-Roe Oklahoma
- Global Trends: Abortion Rights
- State Constitutions and Abortion Rights
- War in Ukraine: Analysis of Gender in the Regional Response
- Factsheet: India MTP Amendment
- Colombia: Historic Advancement in the Decriminalization of Abortion (Spanish)
- The Abortion Landscape in Kenya
- Influencing SRHR Law Across Borders
- The Constitutional Right to Reproductive Autonomy
Read more news alerts.
Center in the Spotlight
Where is abortion now illegal in the U.S.?
Interactive map that analyzes abortion laws and policies in countries across the globe.