Abortion laws and policies in countries across the globe, updated in real time.
Rebuilding our Rights: Bill to Secure a Nationwide Right to Abortion to be Introduced in U.S. Congress
The Center-backed Women’s Health Protection Act (WHPA) would create a new statutory right to abortion in the U.S.
Introduced today in the U.S. Senate, the Equal Access to Abortion Coverage in Health Insurance (EACH) Act aims to reduce economic barriers to abortion access.
Find out more about this safe, effective method for ending a pregnancy, which has been critical to advancing reproductive autonomy worldwide.
The case seeks to clarify the scope of Texas's “medical emergency” exception under its extreme abortion bans after women faced severe and dangerous pregnancy complications that risked their fertility, health, and lives.
Read more featured stories.
Expert Analysis and Reports
- World Abortion Laws Map
- After Roe Fell: U.S. Abortion Laws by State
- Global Trends: Abortion Rights
- State Constitutions and Abortion Rights
- War in Ukraine: Analysis of Gender in the Regional Response
- Factsheet: India MTP Amendment
- Colombia: Historic Advancement in the Decriminalization of Abortion (Spanish)
- The Abortion Landscape in Kenya
- Influencing SRHR Law Across Borders
- The Constitutional Right to Reproductive Autonomy
Read more news alerts.
Where is abortion now illegal in the U.S.?
Interactive map that analyzes abortion laws and policies in countries across the globe.