Center President and CEO Nancy Northup will be headlining “An Emergency Moment: The Center Defends Abortion Rights Before the Supreme Court,” a virtual discussion hosted by BigTent USA and scheduled for October 27 at 7 PM ET.
Northup will speak about the Center’s upcoming Supreme Court case challenging a Mississippi abortion ban and its litigation against Texas’s S.B. 8 abortion ban.
BigTentUSA is a nonpartisan organization of politically moderate women focusing on truth, transparency, and decency in American politics.
In the United States, reproductive rights are facing an “emergency moment,” as the Center prepares to argue Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization before the Supreme Court on December 1. The case challenges a Mississippi law that bans abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy and was enacted in direct challenge to Roe v. Wade.
Northup will also discuss the Center’s two cases challenging Texas’s extreme law banning abortion at approximately six weeks of pregnancy. Texas’s law also incentives individuals to sue any person who helps someone obtain an abortion after the time limit, including a family member, Uber driver, or doctor. In Whole Woman’s Health v. Jackson, the Center is representing several Texas abortion providers and, in Braid v. Stilley, the Center is representing Dr. Alan Briad, who violated Texas’s ban by providing abortion care to his patient.
- “An Emergency Moment: The Center Defends Abortion Rights Before the Supreme Court”
- Wednesday, October 27 @ 7:00 pm – 8 pm ET (virtual)
- Register here.
Don’t miss this update about these critical cases at this “emergency moment” for U.S. abortion rights–register today.
- Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, the Center’s upcoming Supreme Court case challenging Mississippi’s abortion ban.
- Whole Woman’s Health v. Jackson, the Center’s case challenging the Texas abortion ban.
- Braid v. Stilley, the Center’s case defending Dr. Braid for violating the Texas ban, also challenging the Texas law.