In the Spotlight
- 06.12.19In a groundbreaking decision, the High Court of Kenya ruled that the Ministry of Health’s 2014 withdrawal of the “Standards and Guidelines f
- 06.12.19Kenya’s High Court issues a landmark ruling on access to safe abortion in a case against Ministry of HealthToday, the Center for Reproductive Rights won a landmark case challenging the government’s withdrawal of “Standards and Guidelines for Reducing Morbid
- 05.02.19UPDATE: SUCCESS! The billboards came down in May. The Nairobi County Government responded to our request, removing the inaccurate and inflammatory ant
- 04.25.19The Center for Reproductive Rights, its regional partners and women’s groups demand that Nairobi County remove billboards with misleading information on the constitutional right to abortionNairobi - (Press Release) Today, a coalition of 11 civil society organizations, individuals and women’s groups under the umbrella Team Life delivered
- 01.24.19In Kenya, abortion is allowed only when the life and health of the mother is at risk or in when a trained medical professional believes the situation
- 11.30.18(PRESS RELEASE) The Center for Reproductive Rights and co-counsel Sofia Rajab-Leteipan of Leteipan & Associates Advocates have today filed a case
- 05.18.18Nigeria’s Federal High Court Strikes Out Civil Society Organization’s Case of a Woman Who Was Illegally Detained and Died During Confinement(PRESS RELEASE) The family of a woman who was illegally detained for the inability to clear her medical bill and denied emergency services leading to
- 03.22.18(PRESS RELEASE) A pregnant woman who was unlawfully physically and verbally abused by hospital staff and deliberately left to deliver on the floor, to
- 10.19.17(PRESS RELEASE) Today the Court of Appeal of Kenya acquitted Jackson Tali, a registered nurse who was arrested and sentenced to death on murder charge
- 05.30.17On September 17, 2015, the High Court of Kenya issued a groundbreaking judgment in the case of Millicent Awuor (Maimuna) &, Margaret Anyoso Oliele
- 03.17.16(PRESS RELEASE) Today Chile’s Cámara de Diputados (House) agreed to advance a proposed bill that would allow women to access safe and legal abortion s
- 03.10.16(PRESS RELEASE) Child marriage, forced pregnancy testing in schools, abuse of women seeking maternal health services and restrictive abortion laws can
- 02.18.16U.N. Committee: Kenya Should Decriminalize Abortion in All Circumstances, Ensure Reproductive Health Services for Adolescents(PRESS RELEASE) The government of Kenya should decriminalize abortion in all circumstances and ensure adolescents have access to the full range of sex
- 02.18.16Download the letter here.
- 02.03.16Millicent Awuor Maimuna & Margaret Anyoso Oliele v. Attorney General and others, Constitutional Petition No. 562 of 2012, High Court of KenyaDownload the judgment here.