On March 8, International Women’s Day, the Center for Reproductive Rights and Fòs Feminista will host a side event to the 67th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women titled “Unlocking the Future of Gender Equality and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Through Technology.”
The event is being held at the United Nations Headquarters in New York and can be watched live on UN WebTV in several languages. Those with passes to the UN session can register to attend the panel in person.
Moderated by the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health and co-sponsored by the Permanent Missions of Spain, Nepal and Luxembourg, this event will explore how emerging technologies can expand access to reproductive health information and services—and the legal, policy and human rights implications of these new digital tools.
Jihan Jacob, the Center’s senior legal adviser for Asia, will speak on the panel.
Free digital broadcasts in English, Spanish, French, Arabic, and International Sign Language will be available to the public on UN WebTV. (Registration is not required to view the broadcast.)
- Jihan Jacob, Senior Legal Adviser for Asia, Center for Reproductive Rights (photo right)
- Dana Northcraft, Founding Director, Reproductive Health Initiative for Telehealth Equity & Solutions, U.S.
- Josefina Sabaté, Advocacy Officer, Casa FUSA, Argentina
- Samia Habli, Deputy Director at The A Project, Lebanon
- Moderator: Dr. Tlaleng Mofokeng, Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health
- Title: Unlocking the Future of Gender Equality and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights through Technology
- Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Time: 8:15–9:30 a.m. EST
- Location: UN Headquarters, Conference Room 1, or via digital broadcast
- Co-organizers: The Center for Reproductive Rights and Fòs Feminista
- View the invitation here.