This January would have marked the 50th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the ruling in which the U.S. Supreme Court recognized and protected the right to abortion under the 14th Amendment’s right to liberty. But in June 2022, in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, the Court overruled Roe, eliminating—for the first time—a fundamental constitutional right.
“In Conversation with Reproductive Rights Attorneys On Roe’s 50th Anniversary,” a webinar hosted by the American Constitution Society’s New York Chapter on January 23, will feature two Center for Reproductive Rights attorneys as they discuss reproductive rights during and after Dobbs.
The webinar is free and open to the public; pre-registration is required.
At this event, you’ll hear from Center attorneys Jenny Ma, Senior Counsel, and Hillary Schneller, Senior Staff Attorney, counsel for the last abortion clinic in Mississippi in the Dobbs case. This conversation-style event is designed for those interested in the state of reproductive rights and in being in community on Roe’s 50th Anniversary.
- Title: In Conversation with Reproductive Rights Attorneys On Roe’s 50th Anniversary
- Date: Monday, January 23, 2023
- Time: 5:00 – 6:15 p.m. EST
- Featuring: Jenny Ma, Senior Counsel & Hillary Schneller, Senior Staff Attorney
- Hosted by: American Constitution Society, New York Lawyer Chapter
(Zoom link to be provided upon registration.)