Center in the News
In the Spotlight
- 03.01.20The Supreme Court hears one of its most important oral arguments of the current term on Wednesday, and much more is at stake than policy on the perenn
- 03.01.20The National Right To Abortion Is Facing An Intense Threat. This Group Has Been Preparing For This Fight For Decades.The Center for Reproductive Rights will argue in the first major Supreme Court case over abortion in the Trump era, which could gut Roe v. Wade.
- 02.28.20Almost four years ago, I sat on a cable-news set waiting for the Supreme Court to hand down a ruling on a Texas abortion law that, reputable medical o
- 02.20.20AP reports that a federal appeals court is keeping a block on a Mississippi law that would ban most abortions as early as about six weeks — a stage wh
- 02.19.20Welcome to the Louisiana clinic at the center of the court case that could gut Roe v. Wade. Read More on Vox
- 02.18.20A 27-year-old woman from southern Arkansas waited nervously at the Hope Medical Group for Women after traveling two hours for a medical procedure that
- 01.28.20An Ecuadorian mother who said her 16-year-old daughter killed herself after being sexually abused by staff in school took her 18-year battle for justi
- 10.18.19CBS interviews the Center's client in June Medical v. Gee about the devastating impact of the state’s abortion law. Read more at CBS News.
- 10.15.19T.J. Tu, the Center’s senior counsel for litigation, is interviewed by CBS about June Medical v. Gee and the impact of the law on Louisiana women.
- 10.10.19The New York Times discusses the Center’s Louisiana case, June v. Gee, the first major U.S. Supreme Court abortion since Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavana
- 10.04.19NPR reports on the Center’s Louisiana abortion case that is nearly identical to a Texas case decided by the court three years ago. Read more at NPR
- 05.17.19Last night, Nancy Northup, President and CEO of the Center for Reproductive Rights, appeared on the Rachel Maddow show and talked about newly passed,
- 02.15.17On the evening of President Donald Trump’s inauguration, Nancy Northup, president and CEO of the Center for Reproductive Rights, appeared on MSNBC’s F
- 12.12.16Nancy Northup, president and CEO of the Center for Reproductive Rights, spoke with Rachel Maddow about concerns that Rep. Tom Price, who is slated to
- 11.14.16The consequences of Donald Trump’s election as president may be enormous for the makeup of the U.S. Supreme Court. Trump has pledged to appoint conser