In the Spotlight
- 08.13.20The Center and its partners at CARE International in Uganda have launched a new pilot program to protect the sexual and reproductive health and rights
- 03.22.18(PRESS RELEASE) A pregnant woman who was unlawfully physically and verbally abused by hospital staff and deliberately left to deliver on the floor, to
- 10.19.17(PRESS RELEASE) Today the Court of Appeal of Kenya acquitted Jackson Tali, a registered nurse who was arrested and sentenced to death on murder charge
- 07.28.16(PRESS RELEASE) Due to the unclear abortion law in Uganda, women and adolescents continue seeking unsafe abortions and are vilified by their families
- 07.28.16Maternal mortality continues to be a formidable factor in the realization of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in Uganda. Indeed 343 wo
- 07.28.16Download document here.
- 03.07.16African Commission Calls on Uganda to Ensure The Right to Legal Abortion and Access to Reproductive Health Services(PRESS RELEASE) The government of Uganda should stop impeding access to medical abortion and reproductive health services, according to the African Co
- 03.07.16Concluding Observations and Recommendations on the 5th Periodic State Report of the Republic of Uganda (2010-2012)Download the document here.
- 03.07.16Download the shadow letter here.
- 07.17.15(PRESS RELEASE) The United Nations Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (U.N. CESCR) has called on the Ugandan government to reform
- 08.21.14(PRESS RELEASE) Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni signed legislation this week criminalizing the transmission of HIV, a measure that allows doctors t
- 11.20.13The Stakes are High: The Tragic Impact of Unsafe Abortion and Inadequate Access to Contraception in Uganda
- 11.20.13NAIROBI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Uganda has one of the world’s highest unmet needs for contraception, leading almost 300,000 women to seek backs
- 02.06.13Christian Science Monitor: Campaign against female genital mutilation gaining ground support, results"In many parts of the Kween District of eastern Uganda, women are divided into two distinct categories \'There are the uncircumcised and the circumcis