In the Spotlight
- 09.17.14Since 1998, the Center for Reproductive Rights has produced The World’s Abortion Laws map to visually compare the legal status of induc
- 09.10.14(PRESS RELEASE) More than 50 representatives from human rights organizations, academia, and other civil society groups in the Philippines and abroad,
- 07.21.14Indian High Court Orders Chhattisgarh Government to Respond to Allegations of Denying Women Access to Safe Abortion Services(PRESS RELEASE) –The Chhattisgarh Government was ordered by judges to immediately address allegations that women in the state lack sufficient access t
- 05.20.14Key U.N. recommendations to governments in South Asia on reproductive health and sexual violence.
- 04.29.14The Asia program’s new fact sheet features a groundbreaking reproductive rights case, Manju &, Others v. Government of Nepal, which was filed in t
- 04.29.14The Asia program’s new fact sheet features a groundbreaking reproductive rights case, Himmat Mahila Samooh v. Haryana, which was filed in the High Cou
- 04.08.14(PRESS RELEASE) After more than a year deliberating the constitutionality of the country’s historic Reproductive Health Law passed in 2012, the Philip
- 03.12.14Center for Reproductive Rights, National Women Commission and Forum for Women, Law and Development Convene Discussion on Child Marriage in Nepal(PRESS RELEASE) Lawyers, policymakers, reproductive health, women’s and child rights advocates gathered today in Kathmandu to discuss the illegal prac
- 01.30.14The Center’s 2013 Annual Report documents a year of accomplishments and advances across the globe that will change the lives of millions.
- 01.24.14Indian High Court Orders Haryana Government to Respond to Allegations of Denying Women Modern Contraceptives(PRESS RELEASE) Today, Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul of the High Court of Punjab and Haryana at Chandigarh ordered the government of Haryana to res
- 01.10.14On November 14, the second case to be developed under the Center for Reproductive Rights’ South Asia Reproductive Justice and Accountability Initiat
- 12.23.13(PRESS RELEASE) One year after Philippine President Benigno S. Aquino III passed groundbreaking legislation that would have guaranteed
- 10.11.13(PRESS RELEASE) Despite international and local laws clearly condemning child marriage, South Asian countries refuse to address this illegal practice
- 10.10.13A new report calls on the governments in South Asia to stop the human rights crisis that is child marriage. This publication was supported b