In the Spotlight
- 03.17.16(PRESS RELEASE) Today Chile’s Cámara de Diputados (House) agreed to advance a proposed bill that would allow women to access safe and legal abortion s
- 03.10.16(PRESS RELEASE) Child marriage, forced pregnancy testing in schools, abuse of women seeking maternal health services and restrictive abortion laws can
- 03.07.16African Commission Calls on Uganda to Ensure The Right to Legal Abortion and Access to Reproductive Health Services(PRESS RELEASE) The government of Uganda should stop impeding access to medical abortion and reproductive health services, according to the African Co
- 03.07.16Concluding Observations and Recommendations on the 5th Periodic State Report of the Republic of Uganda (2010-2012)Download the document here.
- 03.07.16Download the shadow letter here.
- 02.18.16U.N. Committee: Kenya Should Decriminalize Abortion in All Circumstances, Ensure Reproductive Health Services for Adolescents(PRESS RELEASE) The government of Kenya should decriminalize abortion in all circumstances and ensure adolescents have access to the full range of sex
- 02.18.16Download the letter here.
- 02.03.16Millicent Awuor Maimuna & Margaret Anyoso Oliele v. Attorney General and others, Constitutional Petition No. 562 of 2012, High Court of KenyaDownload the judgment here.
- 01.04.16(PRESS RELEASE) A Nigerian hospital illegally detained a woman who could not pay for the maternal health services she received and denied her emergenc
- 12.01.15U.N. Committee: Malawi Should Expand Access to Safe and Legal Abortion, Address Reproductive Rights Violations(PRESS RELEASE) The government of Malawi should implement laws and policies to expand access to safe and legal abortion, as well as address reproducti
- 09.29.15One of Mugo Wairimu’s former patients recalls visiting his clinic for a pelvic exam. According to the Daily Beast, he gave her pills that knocked he
- 09.17.15(PRESS RELEASE) The High Court of Kenya has ordered the Ministry of Health to end the discrimination and abuse experienced by women in public mat
- 09.11.15(PRESS RELEASE) This week Mugo Wairimu, an owner of health clinics posing as a gynecologist, was arrested after multiple Kenyan news outlets reported
- 07.17.15(PRESS RELEASE) The United Nations Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (U.N. CESCR) has called on the Ugandan government to reform
- 06.29.15(PRESS RELEASE) Kenya’s Ministry of Health is undermining women’s constitutional rights and contributing to cases of maternal death by denying co