In the Spotlight
- 02.18.16Download the letter here.
- 02.03.16Millicent Awuor Maimuna & Margaret Anyoso Oliele v. Attorney General and others, Constitutional Petition No. 562 of 2012, High Court of KenyaDownload the judgment here.
- 01.04.16(PRESS RELEASE) A Nigerian hospital illegally detained a woman who could not pay for the maternal health services she received and denied her emergenc
- 12.01.15U.N. Committee: Malawi Should Expand Access to Safe and Legal Abortion, Address Reproductive Rights Violations(PRESS RELEASE) The government of Malawi should implement laws and policies to expand access to safe and legal abortion, as well as address reproducti
- 09.29.15One of Mugo Wairimu’s former patients recalls visiting his clinic for a pelvic exam. According to the Daily Beast, he gave her pills that knocked he
- 09.17.15(PRESS RELEASE) The High Court of Kenya has ordered the Ministry of Health to end the discrimination and abuse experienced by women in public mat
- 09.11.15(PRESS RELEASE) This week Mugo Wairimu, an owner of health clinics posing as a gynecologist, was arrested after multiple Kenyan news outlets reported
- 07.17.15(PRESS RELEASE) The United Nations Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (U.N. CESCR) has called on the Ugandan government to reform
- 06.29.15(PRESS RELEASE) Kenya’s Ministry of Health is undermining women’s constitutional rights and contributing to cases of maternal death by denying co
- 06.19.15(PRESS RELEASE) African nations this week pledged to eradicate child and forced marriage in the region at the African Union Summit, according to Afric
- 06.11.15New House Bill Would Prevent Harmful Federal Restrictions That Deny Safe Abortion Services to Millions Worldwide(PRESS RELEASE) New federal legislation was introduced today in the U.S. House of Representatives that would prevent future U.S. presidents from impos
- 05.28.15(PRESS RELEASE) The Teachers Service Commission (TSC)—the main teachers union in Kenya tasked with recruiting and employing teachers, and determining
- 03.30.15(PRESS RELEASE) Key provisions of a law criminalizing the transmission of HIV in an effort to curb spread of the disease in Kenya are unconstitutional