In the Spotlight
- 05.30.17On September 17, 2015, the High Court of Kenya issued a groundbreaking judgment in the case of Millicent Awuor (Maimuna) &, Margaret Anyoso Oliele
- 05.05.17Reproductive and sexual rights, which are guaranteed in constitutions and in international and regional human rights treaties, have no impact if they
- 02.03.17The year 2016 was a historic one. The Center's legal victories brought us closer to our vision of a world where women have the reproductive autonomy t
- 01.24.17(PRESS RELEASE) New federal legislation was introduced today in the U.S. House and Senate that would legislatively rescind Trump’s Global Gag Rule, a
- 01.23.17(PRESS RELEASE) As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump imposed a sweeping new policy that restricts access to safe abortion services for
- 07.28.16(PRESS RELEASE) Due to the unclear abortion law in Uganda, women and adolescents continue seeking unsafe abortions and are vilified by their families
- 07.28.16Maternal mortality continues to be a formidable factor in the realization of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in Uganda. Indeed 343 wo
- 07.28.16Download document here.
- 03.17.16(PRESS RELEASE) Today Chile’s Cámara de Diputados (House) agreed to advance a proposed bill that would allow women to access safe and legal abortion s
- 03.10.16(PRESS RELEASE) Child marriage, forced pregnancy testing in schools, abuse of women seeking maternal health services and restrictive abortion laws can
- 03.07.16African Commission Calls on Uganda to Ensure The Right to Legal Abortion and Access to Reproductive Health Services(PRESS RELEASE) The government of Uganda should stop impeding access to medical abortion and reproductive health services, according to the African Co
- 03.07.16Concluding Observations and Recommendations on the 5th Periodic State Report of the Republic of Uganda (2010-2012)Download the document here.
- 03.07.16Download the shadow letter here.
- 02.18.16U.N. Committee: Kenya Should Decriminalize Abortion in All Circumstances, Ensure Reproductive Health Services for Adolescents(PRESS RELEASE) The government of Kenya should decriminalize abortion in all circumstances and ensure adolescents have access to the full range of sex