In the Spotlight
- 03.10.16Report of the Special Rapporteur on torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishmentReport of the Special Rapporteur on torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment
- 02.18.16U.N. Committee: Kenya Should Decriminalize Abortion in All Circumstances, Ensure Reproductive Health Services for Adolescents(PRESS RELEASE) The government of Kenya should decriminalize abortion in all circumstances and ensure adolescents have access to the full range of sex
- 02.03.16Millicent Awuor Maimuna & Margaret Anyoso Oliele v. Attorney General and others, Constitutional Petition No. 562 of 2012, High Court of KenyaDownload the judgment here.
- 01.04.16Whole Woman's Health v. Cole: Amicus Brief from the Honorable Wendy Davis, Teresa Fedor, Lucy Flores, and Judy Nicastro
- 12.15.15United Nations Working Group: Women in the United States, Texas Face Extreme Barriers to Basic Health Care(PRESS RELEASE) Women in Texas and across the country continue to face discrimination and extreme barriers to basic health care services like abortion
- 12.03.15New U.N. Report: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Must Be at Core of Humanitarian Action in Crisis Settings(PRESS RELEASE) A new report from the United Nations Population Fund today finds that significant gaps remain in ensuring the sexual and reproduc
- 11.24.15U.N. Committee: Russia and Slovakia Must Remove Waiting Periods and Other Barriers to Safe and Legal Abortion(PRESS RELEASE) The governments of Russia and Slovakia are undermining women’s human rights by introducing retrogressive barriers in access to safe an
- 11.23.15Mandatory Waiting Periods and Biased Counseling Requirements in Central and Eastern Europe: Restricting Access to Abortion, Undermining Human Rights and Reinforcing Harmful Gender StereotypesAcross Central and Eastern European countries, women’s access to abortion services is increasingly threatened by the introduction of regressive legal
- 10.20.15The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights held a hearing in the case of Paola del Rosario Guzmán Albarracín, an Ecuadorian teenager who was se
- 10.20.15(PRESS RELEASE) The Ecuadorian government remains silent on endemic sexual violence in schools, failing to attend a hearing this week in Washington D.
- 10.19.15Inter-American Commission on Human Rights Holds Hearing On Wrongful Imprisonment of Salvadoran Women Who Miscarry(PRESS RELEASE) Reproductive rights advocates testified today in Washington, D.C. about the human rights violations women in El Salvador suffer due to
- 10.13.15(PRESS RELEASE) The United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child has called on the government of Bangladesh to take active measures to end chil
- 09.28.15Gender Equality and Empowerment of All Women And Girls Central to United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals(PRESS RELEASE) Achieving gender equality and empowering all women and girls is at the crux of 17 goals in a new development agenda introduced at the
- 09.24.15United States Rejects Calls by U.N. Human Rights Council to End Harmful Restrictions on Reproductive Rights(PRESS RELEASE) This week the United States government rejected recommendations from the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Norway, and Belgium urging t