On November 1, Marc Hearron, senior counsel for the Center, argued Whole Woman’s Health v. Jackson before the Supreme Court. The case challenges Texas’s abortion ban that prohibits abortion care at about six weeks of pregnancy and aims to circumvent judicial review. Hearron said in his argument, “To allow the Texas scheme to stand would provide a road map for other states to abrogate any decision of this court with which they disagree.”
Watch Hearron’s interviews with MSNBC, CNN, and BBC after the hearing:
- The Reidout on MSNBC: Legal expert on Texas abortion law: We need this law blocked immediately
- CNN: Cuomo Prime Time
- BBC: World News Tonight
MSNBC also interviewed Center president and CEO Nancy Northup for her reaction to the arguments. Northup said, “It was very heartening today that front and center in the Supreme Court argument was how extreme Texas’s abortion law is.”
- Watch Northup’s full interview: MSNBC: Deadline with Nicole Wallace – Part 1 and Deadline with Nicole Wallace – Part 2.
Read more about Whole Woman’s Health v. Jackson after the Supreme Court’s hearing:
- CNN: It didn’t go well for Texas at the Supreme Court
- Kaiser Health News: High Court Hears Cases on Novel Texas Law, but Outcome May Not Affect Abortion Access
- Dallas Morning News: Justices Dubious At Texas’ Claim That Bounties Insulate ‘Heartbeat’ Abortion Ban From Court Review
- The Independent: Abortion activists ‘pleased’ as SCOTUS appears to show support for Texas law challenge
Learn more about Whole Woman’s Health v. Jackson.