The Maternal Health & Rights Initiative promotes the human rights of pregnant, birthing, and postpartum people in the United States. Harnessing the power of law, policy, and strategic advocacy, the Initiative seeks to improve access to safe and respectful maternal health care for all who need it, and to ensure that all people have an opportunity to attain the highest standard of maternal health possible for themselves. The Initiative seeks government accountability for discrimination and inequalities in U.S. maternal health, and it provides advocates, lawmakers, and leaders with human rights-based advocacy tools that they can use to catalyze policy change at the local, state and federal level.
- Human rights submission on violence against women in facility based childbirth settings
- Guiding Principles for Maternal Health Policy Change
- Maternal Health State Policy Agenda
- Factsheet: Maternal Health in Louisiana
- Factsheet: Maternal Health in Georgia