The Center’s Senior Staff Attorney Jenny Ma was quoted in articles about a Louisiana ruling blocking enforcement of the state’s “trigger” laws banning abortion, allowing abortion clinics to continue offering care while the case proceeds.
In a story for the Washington Post, Ma said, “[T]his ruling means doctors can provide healthcare that is best for their patients, and not be subject to laws that are so ambiguous that they don’t know how they can do their jobs. While today’s decision is not the final ruling, it is a huge victory in preserving access to essential healthcare in Louisiana and for those in the region.”
Here is a portion of the news coverage:
- The Washington Post: Louisiana abortion clinics stay open after judge temporarily blocks ban, 7.21.22
- Reuters: Courts block Louisiana abortion laws, allow Florida’s 15-week ban, 7.21.22
- Axios: Abortions can continue in Louisiana after state ban is blocked, 7.21.22
- UPI: Judge rules against Louisiana trigger law banning abortion, 7.21.22
- Bloomberg Law: Abortions in Louisiana Continue After Judge Blocks State Ban, 7.21.22