Friday, May 10, 2019
Job Title: Senior Manager, Finance & Administration
Department: Finance & Administration
Center Background: The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center) is the premier global legal organization dedicated to advancing women’s reproductive health, self-determination, and dignity. The Center’s mission is straightforward and ambitious: to advance reproductive health and rights as fundamental human rights that all governments around the world are legally obligated to protect, respect, and fulfill. Headquartered in New York City, the Center has regional offices in Bogota, Geneva, Nairobi, and Washington, DC; and a staff of approximately 200 diverse professionals.
The Center's game-changing litigation and advocacy work, combined with its unparalleled expertise in constitutional, comparative, and international human rights law, have transformed how reproductive rights are understood by courts, governments, and human rights bodies worldwide. It has played a key role in securing landmark legal victories in the U.S., Latin America, Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe on issues including access to life-saving obstetrics care, contraception, safe abortion services, and comprehensive sexuality information, as well as the prevention of forced sterilization and child marriage. It has brought groundbreaking cases before national courts, U.N. Committees, and regional human rights bodies, led the development of historic, proactive legislation advancing robust protections for reproductive rights, and has built the legal capacity of women's rights advocates in more than 60 countries.
To learn more about the Center for Reproductive Rights, go to www.reproductiverights.org.
Position Summary: The Senior Manager, Finance & Administration will be responsible for managing all aspects of the organizational budget and forecasting processes to ensure the strategic investments and financial sustainability of the Center. They will ensure the integrity and integration of the financials and reporting systems within the Center.
- Manage the organization-wide annual budget and reforecast processes;
- Model three year rolling forecasts to better align financial resources with program impact;
- Assist in developing and disseminating finance/budget policies and procedures for the Center in collaboration with the Sr. Director of Finance & Administration;
- Lead process to review and monitor revenues, expenditures and trends organization-wide and formulate recommended actions to Senior Director;
- Ensure quality control oversight on data entering tracking system;
- Assist on financial reporting and financial performance review and analysis including the production and review of standard and ad hoc financial reports for the Board of Directors and Management;
- Work directly with the Senior Director to support the Board Finance Committee;
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with internal stakeholders while providing financial expertise and analysis that will support the achievement of program objectives;
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual Operating/Finance statements;
- Prepare and analyze driver report, provide trend analyses, forecasting, work with programs on budgets and opportunities for cost savings;
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation;
- Analyze and communicate current variances to budget to Sr. Director Finance & Administration, Program/Budget Managers and Directors, and where required; prepare variance reports for review by management detailing expenses by category, highlighting potential problem areas or opportunities, and make recommendations for changes to forecasted amounts;
- Ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes;
- Perform budget maintenance in Power Plan;
- Collaborate with Human Resources on the Center’s Staffing Plan;
- Supervise the Sr. Finance Analyst; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Critical Position Behaviors:
- Initiative: Effectively responds to pressure or crisis situations and acts professionally. Uses resources well. Follows through on ideas, assignments and open issues. Must possess a “can-do” and “will-do” attitude.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups. Understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change. “Out of the box” thinking is a plus.
- Energy Level: High energy level and enthusiasm for the position.
- Independent Worker/Thinker: Must have the ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Confident: Must possess and exhibit a level of confidence in themselves and their work, but be able to take direction and criticism professionally.
- Results Oriented: Ability to achieve results and complete assignments in a timely manner.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree preferred;
- Seven years’ experience in project planning and business analysis;
- Excellent presentation, writing and communication skills;
- Strong management, planning, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Have the ability to organize and drive projects to a timely completion;
- Must be outstanding with analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking abilities;
- Have a willingness to tackle difficult and complex problems;
- Excellent computer skills with Excel, Word and Outlook; and
- Commitment to reproductive rights and/or women’s rights issues is preferred.
How to Apply: Please click on the link below to apply. A cover letter and resume must be included in your application. Please include these application materials as attachments.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The Center for Reproductive Rights is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage people from all groups and communities to apply.