Monday, May 13, 2019
Job Title: Events Associate
Center Background: The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center) is the premier global legal organization dedicated to advancing women’s reproductive health, self-determination, and dignity. The Center’s mission is straightforward and ambitious: to advance reproductive health and rights as fundamental human rights that all governments around the world are legally obligated to protect, respect, and fulfill. Headquartered in New York City, the Center has regional offices in Bogota, Geneva, Nairobi, and Washington, DC; and a staff of approximately 200 diverse professionals.
The Center's game-changing litigation and advocacy work, combined with its unparalleled expertise in constitutional, comparative, and international human rights law, have transformed how reproductive rights are understood by courts, governments, and human rights bodies worldwide. It has played a key role in securing landmark legal victories in the U.S., Latin America, Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe on issues including access to life-saving obstetrics care, contraception, safe abortion services, and comprehensive sexuality information, as well as the prevention of forced sterilization and child marriage. It has brought groundbreaking cases before national courts, U.N. Committees, and regional human rights bodies, led the development of historic, proactive legislation advancing robust protections for reproductive rights, and has built the legal capacity of women's rights advocates in more than 60 countries.
To learn more about the Center for Reproductive Rights, go to www.reproductiverights.org.
Position Summary: The Events Associate will report directly to the Senior Manager of Events. The Events Associate will work closely with colleagues in the Development and Communications departments and liaise regularly with the Finance, Operations, Office of the President, and other departments at the Center.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the planning and execution of the Center’s signature fundraising in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York, as well as cultivation and audience acquisition events;
- Process vendor and consultant contracts and track payments, as well as order event and department supplies;
- Thoroughly track department expenses and regularly report the status to Senior Event Manager;
- Coordinate and execute event shipments, work with venue contacts to coordinate delivery and return shipment instructions, create detailed shipping manifests, pack and label boxes, and manage inventory onsite at events;
- Respond to general event inquiries, directing constituents to the appropriate place or person for more information;
- Manage event data entry, including guest names, RSVP status, ticket level, etc.; maintain accurate and up to date records in Raiser’s Edge and other event management systems;
- Research new vendors, requesting multiple proposals per project and provide comparative summary for Senior Event Manager review;
- Update and track event timelines;
- Work with Senior Manager to develop templates for tracking and report event data and outcomes, forms for internal event requests, and organizational business rules related to event production;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for special guests and event staff:
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations;
- Support visa applications process;
- Process per diems and travel advances; and
- Prepare itineraries, assemble travel packets and other materials;
- Schedule meetings with key stakeholders and create meeting minutes as needed; and
- Support onsite event logistics for all events in the New York region, and other regions as needed.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree;
- A minimum of 2 years administrative support experience;
- A minimum of 2 years event experience;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate and liaise effectively and diplomatically with colleagues and vendors;
- Efficiently manage and support multiple projects simultaneously, adapting quickly as projects evolve;
- Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor information; and
- Solid Computer skills: ability to work effectively and accurately with MS Office and comfort with document design (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), knowledge of event and customer relationship management software (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, PIDI, Salesforce), and experience with data reporting a plus.
- Standard office work environment; Business travel may be required
How to Apply: Please click on the link below to apply. A cover letter and resume must be included in your application. Please include these application materials as attachments.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The Center for Reproductive Rights is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage people from all groups and communities to apply.