Virtual Event: Feminist Foreign Policy Summit
Register today for this April 13 event exploring new approaches to advance global justice, equality, and sustainable peace.
The Center for Reproductive Rights is co-sponsoring the First Ever Feminist Foreign Policy Summit, an event that will bring together leading feminist thinkers to discuss new foreign policy approaches to advance global justice, equality, and sustainable peace. The event – which will be held Wednesday, April 13 – is hosted by the Centre for Feminist Foreign Policy (CFFP). Virtual participation free and open to the public. Register here.
The event will feature panel discussions from experts on topics such as climate justice, the anti-gender movement, global militarization, and the decolonization of foreign policy.
- Martha Delgado Peralta, Deputy Minister for Multilateral Affairs and Human Rights of Mexico (Opening Remarks)
- Enid Muthoni Ndiga, Chief Program Officer at the Center for Reproductive Rights
- Patricia Pena, Director General for Foreign Policy, Global Affairs Canada
- Agnès Callamard, Secretary-General, Amnesty International
- Isabelle Poupart, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Canada (Moderator)
Panel discussion topics include:
- Climate Justice: What’s Feminist Foreign Policy Got to do With It?
- Understanding and Countering the Transnational Anti-Gender Movement
- Towards a More Peaceful and Stable World: Countering Global Militarisation and Armament
- Decolonising (Feminist) Foreign Policy
The CFFP is hosting the event in partnership with the governments of Canada, Sweden, and Mexico, the Open Society Foundations, and over 15 leading civil society organizations, including the Center.
- First Ever Feminist Foreign Policy Summit
- Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2022
- Time: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. CET / 4 a.m. – 12 p.m. EST
- Register here.
Members of the public are welcome to join virtually and tickets are free-of-charge.