Abortion remains legal in North Dakota after ruling in Center's case.
Abortion Remains Legal in North Dakota as Court Blocks Total Ban
Center’s case to continue in lower court as it argues ban is unconstitutional under North Dakota’s constitution.
Find out more about this safe, effective method for ending a pregnancy, which has been critical to advancing reproductive autonomy worldwide.
"I see reproductive rights as being at the core of gender equality and human rights, and this really resonates with the Center's mission."
Center Lawsuit on Behalf of Women Denied Abortions Seeks to Clarify Texas's “Medical Emergency” Exception
Women faced severe and dangerous pregnancy complications that posed great risks to their fertility, health, and lives.
Read more featured stories.
Expert Analysis and Reports
- World Abortion Laws Map
- After Roe Fell: U.S. Abortion Laws by State
- Global Trends: Abortion Rights
- State Constitutions and Abortion Rights
- War in Ukraine: Analysis of Gender in the Regional Response
- Factsheet: India MTP Amendment
- Colombia: Historic Advancement in the Decriminalization of Abortion (Spanish)
- The Abortion Landscape in Kenya
- Influencing SRHR Law Across Borders
- The Constitutional Right to Reproductive Autonomy
Organizações que lutam pelos direitos reprodutivos no Brasil expressam à CIDH preocupação com a gravidez forçada de meninas e os graves efeitos das barreiras ao acesso ao aborto
Read more news alerts.
Where is abortion now illegal in the U.S.?
Interactive map that analyzes abortion laws and policies in countries across the globe.