At the United Nations
The U.S. Legal Department strives to protect and advance reproductive liberty and access to reproductive health care in the United States by employing diverse strategies grounded in CRR's legal expertise.
To learn more about the different areas of our work, please check out our U.S. litigation, advocacy work in Washington, D.C. and the states, U.S.-based human rights work, and our Law School Initiative.
The Center's litigation work in the United States seeks to broadly promote reproductive rights. Our goals include:
- Securing recognition that reproductive freedom is both a fundamental constitutional right and a human right that the government is obligated to respect, protect and fulfill;
- Ensuring that all women have access to safe and affordable contraception;
- Protecting women’s access to safe, legal and affordable abortion services;
- Ensuring that adolescents have access to reproductive health services; that adolescents’ confidentiality is protected in their pursuit of those services; and that adolescents have access to age-appropriate, comprehensive sexuality education;
- Defending abortion providers against unreasonable government actions